12.8.07

Jan 06 to Mar 06

In January 2006 I moved to Munich from the US. I have a blog to tell the stories of being an expat but decided to start this second blog, a sort of home diary, to keep track of our garden and home projects that are not of general interest to the 1 or 2 readers of my other blog.

So where to begin? When I moved here in January we had a rectangular patch of grass covered with snow, surrounded by hedges that grow thick and green in the summer. We discussed doing some landscaping projects and even consulted with a landscaper/gardener but do to the uncertainty of how long I would stay, that first summer passed by with no changes to the yard. Our one big investment was in our Ikea patio furntiture and a Weber grill. Good investments I might add.

A first look at the back yard (too cold to go outside):


World Cup 2006 (furniture & Weber grill well used!):


Summertime Yard View:


At the end of the summer, we decided to start our first project, a bulb garden. I had passed through Amsterdam and couldn't resist stocking up on a bunch of bulbs to kick start our gardening adventures.




Winter came again but this time spring was going to look a little different.

No comments: